Acupuncture treatment Ottawa is a part of traditional Chinese medicine that has been widely researched and accepted as an effective treatment for certain health conditions. In the year 1979, WHO published a list of conditions that they argued could be treated by traditional Chinese medicine acupuncture. The conditions include:
● Mental conditions – e.g. insomnia, stress, depression, and anxiety
● Respiratory conditions – e.g. asthma, tonsillitis, common cold, rhinitis, bronchitis, and sinusitis
● Eye conditions – e.g. cataract, myopia, retinitis, and conjunctivitis
● Mouth conditions – e.g. pharyngitis, gingivitis, toothache, and tooth extraction pain
● Gastrointestinal conditions – e.g. diarrhea, constipation, colitis, ulcer, hyperacidity, gastritis, hiccough, and spasms of the cardia
● Neurological conditions and musculoskeletal conditions – e.g. osteoarthritis, lower back pain, sciatica, frozen shoulder, cervicobrachial syndrome, intercostal neuralgia, nocturnal enuresis, neurogenic bladder condition, Meniere's disease, facial palsy, trigeminal neuralgia, migraine, and common headache
All the above conditions can be treated using traditional Chinese medicine acupuncture according to WHO.
Moreover, further research has also revealed that acupuncture can be used to effectively treat
● Rheumatoid arthritis
● Labour induction
● Breech position in pregnancy
● Low libido
● Erectile dysfunction
● Blood pressure issues
● Adverse reactions to chemotherapy
In short, acupuncture is a fantastic intervention that has been proven to be an effective treatment for a variety of conditions.
Contact us today to ask any question about acupuncture or to schedule an appointment for treatment.