There are few relationships quite like that with your hairstylist. Finding the right stylist – one who will listen to your needs and offer you the best advice, and can carry out a cut and color to make you look your best – can be difficult, to say the least.
Many people carry on a close relationship with their stylist for years. When you have to relocate, or your stylist has moved on, finding someone to take his or her place may take some work. There are so many salons and stylists in Ottawa that you may find it overwhelming. Here are some tips on how to find a new Ottawa hair salon:
- Ask around. Inquire with friends, acquaintances, and co-workers (particularly those who have great hair) where they go to get their hair done. Most people will be flattered when you compliment them and ask where they get their hair done, and they will be happy to share that information with you.
- Look online. You can find local salons on the internet, and many of them will list services, prices, stylists, and more. Most of the time, they will also include photographs of clients and more. You may even be able to find customer reviews online.
- Find out what is offered. Some salons offer only the basics – cut, perms, coloring – while others provide much more – manicures and pedicures, tanning, facials, massage, etc. Often those that offer more services also cost more, so determine whether the salon fits your specific needs with the services offered.
- Check the prices. Before you commit to getting your hair done, you will need to make sure that you see how much their services cost. Some are far more expensive than others, and the results may not be worth the extra cash.
- See how the stylists look. It may do you some good to visit the salon and see the stylists in person. If they do not have good hair color and cuts, or they are not dressed professionally, you may not want to put your faith in them to do your hair well.
- Try it out. After you have come up with a few possibilities, make an appointment at one. Give the stylist a chance, and if you are pleased with the experience, you can make your next appointment with that stylist as well. If you are unimpressed, try another salon on your list. Eventually you will find the one for you.
There is no need to feel overwhelmed by the number of choices when it comes to finding the right salon in Ottawa. By following the tips above, you will be able to narrow down the field to a few places, and then settle on the one that suits you best. You may just find the perfect stylist far more quickly than you think.